Monday, July 6, 2009

Random Thoughts for a Monday

Regular readers know that I tend to stick with the observational/spiritual/relational format for the majority of my posts. I hope that you have not grown tired of those because that is pretty much the way that I think and look at the world. But today I am not feeling anything especially reflective so I thought that I would break ranks and provide a couple random thoughts for this Monday morning.

  • I reorganized my office last week. When I just dumped books in here it looked like I was hurting for space. When I organized them I realized that I had an entire shelf free. I guess it pays to organize especially when it feels like the world is closing in around you. It is amazing how much space can be found when you work to find it.
  • Our VBS registration has grown to close to 40 kids! This is causing a fantastic problem...we are running out of materials. If I have to go out and buy more supplies so that our VBS can accommodate more kids then it is going to be the happiest money I have ever spent.
  • Many of you know Annie Craven. She has been a staple of Boulevard for sometime now and last year joined the Deacons. Annie, who now works as an Flight Attendant for Republic Airlines (flying regional destinations for major carriers like US Airways, Delta, etc.) told me that besides loving her job she gets great opportunities to meet interesting people. Among them is a 91 year old guy named Floyd. As it turns out Floyd served in World War II and during the drink service he showed Annie a photo of his unit. Sitting right there besides Floyd was Johnny Carson. In the picture, not the plane.
Well that is all I got. Enjoy the start of your week and tune in later in the week for my Fight Ignorance series.

No comments: