Monday, March 22, 2010

Writing my sermon

I am preaching Palm Sunday & there is a little dance that happens in those sermons. Palm Sunday, the day that we remember Christ's entry into Jerusalem, is also called Passion Sunday. Whereas Palm captures the joy that accompanies Christ riding into Jerusalem, Passion describes the ordeal that awaits him the week ahead. To find a balance between the two is required. So that is where I am at.

I am just about 1/2 way done and I think that I will have the 1st draft in the can by tomorrow at this time. My hope is that despite the many things happening this week (my Mom arrives from California tomorrow) I will be able to have something that is faithful to where I feel God is calling me in this scripture.

Stay tuned for some external processing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.