Monday, March 15, 2010

I am big in China

So I have been getting a few comments on the Blog as of late. Usually there are none or one to two rare ones here and there but normally zero. Sadly it isn't the feed back I was looking for. Someone or some people have been leaving pithy sayings in Chinese characters followed by a long line of periods like an ellipsis gone awry.

It looks like this: ..........................................

Now here in lies the problem: each period is not just a period but actually it's own link. Each dot takes you to a different website that can best be described as "not safe for work."

Some cyber-investigating shows me that this is a common practice on blogs. Blogs taking about art and geometry, new styles of crochet, and many others have been hit. As a precaution to whatever latent security risks these links and comments might hold I have begun deleting the comments as I find them. You can still see your comments (if they are appropriate) but the malicious ones are going away.

No comments: