Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Summer Camping @ Kirkmont Center


Last Summer I wrote a short article in the Newsletter about the value of children attending camp over the summer. My point was that profound things can happen at camp, things that will help form and shape children (and the parents of those children) for years to come. I, myself, am a product of camping. Having spent time as both camper and counselor I can say without hesitation that the time I spent at camp during High School helped solidify my acceptance of God's Call for me into ministry. But enough about me...

This summer the Kirkmont Center, located in Zanesfield, OH will be offering lots of incredible opportunities for your children to experience the best camping has to offer. Breaking the camping opportunities down by age, Kirkmont offers camping for children ages Kindergarten (with an Adult) to Senior in High School and over a wide range of themes like Arts Camp (August 2-7), Sports Camp (July 26-31), Science & Discovery Camp (July 5-10), and many more. Adding to the appeal of camping with Kirkmont during this painful economy, prices for camping experiences have been discounted to members of Boulevard Presbyterian Church and other Presbyterian churches in this area. All you need to do to take advantage of these savings in have myself or James sign your registration form where indicated.

If you would like to learn more about Kirkmont Center and the great things that are happening there this summer you should...
  1. Check out their website www.kirkmontcenter.com
  2. Pick up a registration & information packet located on the glass cabinet outside the Boulevard Office
  3. Talk to Kate Hopta, a member of Boulevard (and my lovely wife) who happens to be the Program Director for the Kirkmont Center for the 2009 Summer Camping Season
I think that it is going to be a great summer. I hope that you will consider sending your children/grandchildren to be part of what is happening at Kirkmont or pass this information on to a neighbor or friend.

Happy Camping,
Brett

No comments: