Thursday, January 15, 2009

Vocabulary of Faith Canceled for Sunday, Jan. 18th

I wanted to give everyone a heads-up that this Sunday, the awesome and amazing Vocabulary of Faith class will be canceled while I travel out to California for a Funeral. Will will resume class on Sunday, January 25th when we look at the word "Messiah" which means Anointed One. Should be interesting.

Many of you have heard me talk about George Goris, the man whose life I will join in celebrating on Saturday in my hometown of Gilroy, California. George was the patriarch of the family that "adopted" my brother and I as we grew up in Gilroy. George attended my home church, he was a neighbor and he was friend. I anticipate many gathering to celebrate his life and join in telling stories about the countless ways that George made life better, funnier, and Gilroy a great place to live.

Blessings on you during this cold, cold week. Know that I will be thinking about you during my time in Gilroy where the weather is 72 degrees and Sunny.

Peace,
Brett

No comments: